This week’s learning experience

There are things you can not compromise. These are: your loyalty to God, your loyalty to your spouse and your loyalty to your family. This means that you have to prioritize your time otherwise you will be led by the things that are not important and will cause chaos in your personal life. This line stood out from Jan Newman’s talk, “Don’t be too busy to take a calling in the church because when you need the Lord’s help, he’ll know where your heart is and it won’t be on his side.” This was a reminder to me to always put God first and he will help guide me when I ask for guidance.

Few people become a successful entrepreneur right out of school. It is best to work and gain experience in a position where you can gain industry, operational and fundraising skills. Look for experience first in a job and company that can offer these before you can start a business.

I learn from this week’s reading how important it is to find a business partner with complementary skills. I have been thinking about finding a partner that is good in what I lack. I am glad the reading confirms my plan is a good one.

“If the company culture is flawed, almost any strategy is in jeopardy.” I remember in the past lessons where it is important to create a positive culture in the company in order for the company to grow.

“The world is too competitive to start a business without a deep understanding of your industry.” This just shows that to start a business requires completing many steps and understanding of the ins and outs of the industry, in other words it requires a lot of work and knowledge. I must be willing to do this.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog